CCBHCs can benefit from the features and functionalities offered by a comprehensive EHR platform
The impressive growth in Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs) highlights the need for behavioral health and human services EHRs that can effectively integrate a variety of providers and services, capture and report on key metrics, and enable providing services remotely.
The CCBHC demonstration program model launched in 2017 with 66 clinics across eight demonstration states. As of March 2021, 340 CCBHCs were in operation across 40 U.S. States, Guam, and the District of Columbia. That’s 400% growth in four years.
All CCBHCs provide a comprehensive range of evidence-based behavioral health services directly or through referral to Designated Collaborating Organizations (DCOs). Almost all (about 93%) provide services outside of the physical clinic space.
The comprehensiveness of CCBHC services, evidence-based care requirements, and the need to provide services remotely require a sophisticated Electronic Health Record (EHR) Platform that enables organizations to:
- Manage person-centered treatment planning and coordinate care with local primary care and hospital partners.
- Deliver integrated, coordinated care based on evidence-based practices and report on quality metrics.
- Provide services in homes, schools, jails, homeless shelters, and other locations outside of the clinic.
EHR Platform that considers the behavioral health and human services industry and the needs of individual CCBHCs
Streamline’s SmartCare™ is a next-generation EHR platform that enables behavioral health and human services organizations to meet CCBHC requirements. Among other things, SmartCare™ provides organizations with:
- The ability to deliver person-centered care via a unified platform that enables true integration of all inpatient, outpatient and community based departments.
- A high degree of interoperability, including the ability for direct data entry by Designated Collaborating Organizations (DCOs).
- Workflows that capture the CCBHC-required clinical measures for reporting as well as state level measures, plus the capability to assess, stratify and define quality metrics—all built into the core platform.
- Remote access built into the platform that allows clinicians and other staff to access client records and work via mobile devices in an offline environment with limited or no access to the Internet.
Keep your CCBHC functioning at its best
Streamline delivers web-based software for healthcare organizations to provide and coordinate specialized behavioral service delivery processes. Streamline’s SmartCare™ EHR platform was developed to truly integrate all departments moving them to a more holistic service model.
Streamline’s software solutions are well suited for organizations who wish to have a system that can incorporate its entire business processes into a single solution, with the ability to continue to grow as business lines need to evolve. Streamline has been offering software in the behavioral health and human services marketplace since 2003.
Are you interested in learning more about the SmartCare™ EHR platform? Request a demo today.